Ramblings of a Brit girl living in Sydney

Everyday musings on life in the Motherland vs. life in Oz

Monday, May 18, 2009

It's so not cold!

It's my second Aussie winter and yet again I'm amused by the amount of clothes people have started to wear because it's so "cold". I guess being a Pom, I am used to much worse weather conditions, but I wouldn't even call it chilly yet. I keep getting asked: "Aren't you freezing?!" when I continue to come into work without a jacket. We're talking the 15-to-20 degrees mark here. 20 is a virtual heatwave in the UK!
I must say, I'm really enjoying this Sydney weather. It's sunny and crisp, the leaves are changing colour and falling, and there's not much rain. The view from my balcony looks particularly lovely in the mid afternoon light.
And really hot all the time gets a bit boring... (OK, don't slap me, those of you in the Motherland!).

No comments:

Post a Comment