Ramblings of a Brit girl living in Sydney

Everyday musings on life in the Motherland vs. life in Oz

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Does it help to be called Max if you work in PR?

Today's UK/Aus comparison: Max Markson and Max Clifford. The former is arguably Sydney's number one celebrity agent and the latter is London's. Which begs the question: does it help to be called Max if you want to make it big in PR?
Markson was representing both Hanson and Capper, mentioned in my previous Call this politics? post. While Clifford is representing the terminally ill UK Big Brother star (also mentioned in a previous post), Jade Goody.
Both obviously doing a good job then... :)

2 comments:

  1. I dunno about Max Markson personally but his staff are flippin' useless. I chased one of them for three weeks for something, til I got bored and scrapped the story. But he's obviously not concerned about this, as I haven't heard from him since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found them very good but then again I'd hazard a guess the client I was asking about wasn't half as famous and important as the one you may have been asking about...

    ReplyDelete